The PRC regulates (has jurisdiction over) consumer issues relating to:
- Transportation – billing issues for towing companies, ambulances, limousines, and taxis.
- Transportation – intrastate motor carrier registration.
- Pipeline safety – enforcement of state and federal regulations regarding oil and natural gas pipeline safety.
- Utilities – natural gas, propane, investor-owned water and sewer, and electric companies and electric cooperatives.
- Telecom – Incumbent Local Exchange Carrier (ILECS) – this includes CenturyLink QC, Windstream, and other local phone companies, including regulations of rates, service quality, and billing issues.
- Telecom – Intrastate long distance carriers, including resellers of long distance and calling cards – billing, but not rates or terms of service.
- Telecom – Cellular Telephone Service providers (wireless) – No jurisdiction over rates, terms, or quality of service. The Commission does assist customers with wireless marketing and billing complaints.
- Telecom –Competitive Local Exchange Carriers (CLECs) – Includes companies that provide local service in competition with the ILECs. Jurisdiction over rates, quality of service, and billing, but generally lightly regulated by the Commission.
- Telecom – unauthorized billing or switching of carriers (cramming and slamming).
- Moving companies – intrastate (within the state) moves